Tuesday, December 26, 2006

IIT's: Way to go



A TV program telecasted in US (CBS 60 minutes) about Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), a pioneer in the field of engineering education in India. IIT's have also been regarded as the engineering school having the largest number of applicants in the world and the toughest to get in.

The graduates from IIT's opened the doors to the US and proved the worth of Indians in fields of technology, education and management. With the technology revolution and the rise of companies like Infosys, TCS and Wipro, Indians are globally recognized and are undoubtedly a force to reckon with. The video provides insights into the passion of Indians for education and a spirit to rise up against all odds.

While I was growing up, my mother used to tell me, you have to go to IIT and there was no dearth of examples around me. I still do not remember what the world was from 1993-1995 when I was preparing for the Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) for IIT's. Although, unfortunately I was unable to make it to an IIT, I do not have any regrets at this stage. The passion was so high that till date I consider not clearing the JEE as the biggest set-back of my life.

The years I spent focusing on the fundamentals and preparing for one of the most difficult entrance examinations in the world gave me the courage to excel. Today, I still have a lot of respect for IIT's and this video is a tribute to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru whose vision helped create this world-class institution.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free counters
Phillips LCD TV